This market report about Gallium Nitride in Power electronics features:
Market and applications investigated for this GaN Market report:
- All market in which Gallium Nitride (GaN) power devices have or will have an impact:
- SMPS (Consumer chargers & adapters), EV, EV chargers & battery management, Cleantech (solar, battery chargers), UPS, motor control, White goods, Small electric mobility systems (bikes, scooters, skateboards or other similar systems), Wireless power transmission, Audio amplification
Market metrics to be included in the GaN Power electronics analysis:
- Market size in units and USD for devices, converters (Including relevant split by voltage, by power range, by package type)
- Technology analysis with:
- Review and explanation of GaN devices technologies available from main manufacturers (EPC corp, GaNsystems, Exagan, Powdec, Panasonic, Transphorm, and other relevant smaller players if their technology has a specific interest)
- Review and explanation of converters operation by application, and specific differences due to the use of GaN devices (e.g: Resonant conversion, Linear amplification, Active Clamp Flyback)
Gallium Nitride Market Analysis:
- Analysis of history, founding, business models and potential strategy of main manufacturers of GaN devices (EPC corp, GaNsystems, Exagan, Powdec, Panasonic, Transphorm, and other relevant smaller players that have a specific interest)
- Analysis of history, founding, business models and potential strategy of main converter makers.
- Focus on those willing to integrate GaN devices, or showing relevant innovation towards the use of GaN devices (FinSix, Avogy Zolt and others if needed)
It’s not about the devices, it’s about who will use them: “What would you do with a GaN Transistor?”
The semiconductor market is reshaping: we have experienced more M&A in the lest three years than ever (Fairchild, International Rectifier, Ixys…), and that will soon include GaN market too. With International Rectifier acquired by Infineon, or the same Infineon signing a partnership with Panasonic, how will start-ups react? EPC Corp., Transphorm or the new French comer ExaGaN are shaking the business. Navitas has released a GaN IC with an integrated driver and is flooding the aftermarket charger world with their devices and designs. GaN market’s future is unclear to everybody. Acquisitions, partnerships, licensing… everything can happen, and this report is your guide to these changes.
Why always speak about players and devices and performances, when the real question is “What would you do with a GaN transistor?”. We analyzed the market from potential user’s point of view and we have seen interesting facts. Photovoltaic inverters, UPS, Hybrid and electric cars, light electric vehicles, lighting… all these applications are said to be among the early adopters of GaN devices. We went and fetched the proofs before believing what was said. This market report goes beyond the standard beliefs or GaN maker’s fairy future. As facts are held by device users; we interviewed them.
We built, from GaN users feedback, a roadmap you can actually believe in
“GaN against SJ MOSFET” or “GaN with SJ MOSFET”?
Most competing analysis we have seen talked about how, when and how fast will GaN replace Silicon. We don’t believe in that. You remember the IGBT times? Did IGBT replaced all other technologies? Of course not. Because a new power semiconductor technology is not replacing the previous one, it’s creating new technical possibilities that allow systems to emerge, and creates new markets. Bipolar, Thyristors, GTO’s and MOSFET still have their place next to IGBT. It allowed new possibilities of conversion nobody could imagine without these new performances.
Gallium nitride is not a Silicon replacement, it’s a Silicon improvement. It will allow new possibilities we explored and will thoroughly present in this report.
Now be part of it and get a clear and insightful report. It’s about your business and your future.