GaN Systems embedded die GaNpx teardown:
The GS66508P from GaN Systems is a GaN on Silicon HEMT transistor:
- In a GaNpx Embedded Die package developed by AT&S
- With a breakdown voltage of 650V
- Optimized for AC-DC converters
The GS66508P die is embedded in a package using GaNpx technology from AT&S. It’s a GaN-on-Silicon device, with a complex AlGaN-GaN layers structure to reduce the stress from lattice mis-match. All of these technologies are clearly visible in the report.
The report also includes package details, die plane analysis by delayering technique, die cross sections (SEM, TEM), and materials analysis (EDX).
Content of the report
- Die image
- Die plane Analysis (OM, SEM)
- Cross sectional Analysis (SEM)
- Cross-sectional Analysis (TEM)
- Package details
- Material Analysis